Installation of OS2XL can be performed from the load mode of
It is installable even from the load mode of OS1 into which the password was entered.
From OS of AKAI, it is not installable.
When installed from Free version, please switch on a power supply, holding the [TAP TEMPO] button.
If a power supply is switch on holding the [TAP TEMPO] button once again, Free version will start.
When dark in a screen, please adjust the contrast of LCD by a [STOP]+DATA wheel.
Since OS2 and OS2XL are installed in the same memory domain, OS2 and OS2XL cannot switch and use them.
Therefore, please install OS2 or OS2XL each time.
A password is not lost even if it installs other OS's.
The screen of a save is not displayed if the
password of OS2XL is not entered.
Even if a function except a save does not enter a password, it can be used altogether.
The price of a password is US$ 123.00.
If the password of OS2XL is entered, OS1 and OS2 can be used without a password.
Since OS2XL works by track, other tracks are not influenced even if it is using the same program.
There is not Q-REAL of a grid.
There is no start offset of an audio track.
There is not "Extra Audio Play".
A note variation does not work except the screen of MAIN, SLIDER, TRACK MUTE, and NEXT SEQ.
NOTE REPEAT does not work to MIDI keyboard.
The data of 16 LEVELS of AKAI OS, OS1, and OS2 is not reflected.
Please be sure to carry out contrast adjustment of LCD, and sensitivity adjustment of PAD first.
The function changed and added from OS2 is as follows.
1. Track velocity % and Filter 2 exist in OS2XL. Moreover, change of a track can be performed during recording.
2. "Strength" was added to Timing Correct.
3. Wait for key
4. "CHORD" function is added.
5. "EQH" and "EQL" are added to a filter. (EQH = Equalizer High, EQL = Equalizer Low)
6. Rearranging the Sequences
7. The improvement of name editing.
Cursor is moved to the last or first of a name, by the [SHIFT]+ right or a left cursor key.
8. The improvement of a main screen. (A setup of Q-Link can be performed on a main screen.)
9. The improvement in grid mode
10. The improvement of Global Program Edit
11. The improvement of a Input thru screen
12. Customize of MAIN and NUMERIC key
13. The color selection option of track mute is added. (Track mute mode)
14. Regardless of the position of cursor, change of a track can be performed in a [MODE]+ DATA wheel. (In all the modes)
15. Bars loop. (During playback, the loop can perform from the present bar to arbitrary bars.)
16. ALL PAD and A BAR are added to ERASE in real time.
17. It is a Level addition to NORMALIZE. (TRIM)
18. Screen change of "Real Time Pitch Shift"
20. The mode in which the pad of a target is also recorded is added to a SIMULT PAD.
21. The ZERO CROSS key was added to the "Joint" window of TRIM.
22. "Pad event move to other track" window addition
23. ALL PAD mode addition to GRID (DRUM).
24. Crossfade loop addition. (TRIM)
25. Level mute addition. (TRACK MUTE)
26. "New Program name" and "New Folder name" are memorized.
27. The display of SWING and SHIFT is added to drum grid
28. It is a MIX addition to EDIT of TRIM. (Two samples are mixed)
29. Two or more sample assignment (Audio Track)
30. Change of a sequence can be performed by a [NEXT SEQ]+DATA wheel.
31. Reverse playback of a sample is possible.
32. Play marker was added to TRIM.
33. It is a [HOLD] button addition to STEP EDIT.
34. Hold of a note repeat pad
35. Loop hold playback of a sample
36. LFO addition to Q-llink.
37. Pad to MIDI out CC/PC
38. Pad Mute
39. Program is switched by hitting the pads.
40. Pitch bend and the modulation wheel of a MIDI controller are effective against the sample of MPC.
41. The value and mixer of a parameter of FX2 are controllable by a MIDI controller.
42. MIDI IN Monitor
43. Non overlap mode of the program for a musical instrument
44. CLOCK and MTC can be selected with SYNC OUT at the same time
45. Stereo sample is switched to mono (Program mode)
46. Multi timbre
47. Value of FULL LEVEL can be adjusted.
48. Number of programs 129.
49. Pitch Bend Sensitivity
50. "TRACK+", "TRACK-", "SEQUENCE+", and "SEQUENCE-" were added to the foot switch.
51. It is a PACK button addition to a program mode. (A program and samples will be packed and it will become one file)
52. The mode holding the length of a loop was added to the trim.
53. A function is assigned to MIDI NOTE (MPC is operated by a MIDI controller)
54. Looping recorder mode addition
55. It is F5 (DELETE) button addition to LOAD mode.
56. The maximum of duration was increased from 9999 to 65000. (170 bars 4/4)
57. Loop button addition. (MAIN)
58. The edit-function button was added to the [SHIFT]+ function keys. (TRIM)
59. PATTERN addition (Registration of a pattern, creation of a pattern track, NEXT PATTERN)
60. It is F1 (ALLERASE) button addition to a main grid.
61. Pad status display mode addition
62. They are "MOVE" and a "CUT" button addition to a grid.
63. "REC+STOP", and "DUB+STOP" were added to the foot switch.
64. 5 tracks display mode addition
65. CYCLE addition
66. Track Mute Groups addition