Please perform installation of OS128XL from the
load screen of OS128ORG bundled with large LCD. (From other OS's,
it is not installable.)
The password of OS128XL is effective only in OS128XL and OS128SP.
Even if it starts other OS's by large LCD, there is no problem.
However, it is displayed on the upper half of a screen.
Moreover, a screen cannot be reversed.
Comparison with OS2XL
Compatibility (The compatibility with other OS's is the same as OS2XL)
Although basic specification is the same as OS2XL, about the following, it is not compatible.
The data of Q-link is not reflected.
A setup of mute of a program is not reflected.
Since specifications differ, a setup of a cycle is not reflected.
Other tracks are influenced when the same program is used. (It is the same specification as OS's other than OS2XL)
The function which is in AKAI OS and is not in JJ OS128XL
Cannot do the save/load to an internal memory
Sample layer 4
AMP Velocity =>Attack
AMP Velocity =>START
PITCH Velocity =>Pitch
Filter Velocity =>Time
Filter Velocity =>Amount
Filter Velocity =>Frequncy
The feature which is in ver.1.81 and is not in ver.2.xx.
Pressure setting in Main screen
Pads status display mode
The feature changed or added from Ver.2.00
1. Addition of a simul sequence. (Refer to manual.)
2. Pattern creation mode is added to [MODE]+PAD11. (Refer to video OS128XL)
3. Non-Destructive Chop was added. (A setup of chop of OS2XL is also reflected) (Refer to video OS128XL.)
4. A setup of a chord can be saved as a file. (Contents memorized to the flash memory can be made a file, and can be saved.) (Refer to video.)
5. "PgmMode" of trim is now possible with INST program as well. (Refer to video.)
6. Swing field is added to GRID. (It is not effective against the recorded event. Same as OS2XL)
7.  button are added to GRID. (Refer to video.)
8. F1 button of the main screen and grid was changed into "LOOP". (Refer to video.)
9. A slider can be used on the screen of a trim and a mixer.
10. F1 of the audio track was made into "CUE", F2 was made into "SetBars", and the feature assigned to the pad was changed. (Refer to video OS128XL)
11. Specification of loop edit of a grid was changed.
12. The feature in pad mode moved to the "Pad to MIDI out" window. (Refer to manual.)
13. Changed the maximum value of Hold of AMP to 200. (1-100 1=10msec 101-200 1=1bar) (Refer to video.)
14. Changed the maximum value of Attack of PITCH to 135. (Refer to video.)
15. Display of a splash screen is added to a test mode. (Refer to video OS128XL)
16. X-FADE addition to Q-link. Refer to video
17. A real-time chops Refer to video Refer to video
18. EXCLUSIVE SOLO-2 was added to the "Mute Group mode" field. Refer to video
19. Add Note On Indicator. (Track Mute)
When a pattern file is loaded by Ver.2.xx, it is converted as a sequence. (Refer to video.)
The list of pattern names converted when the track 2 was chosen by step editing can be seen.